My Place To Be
My Place To Be's mission is to help children to navigate the social world. We teach Social Emotional Learning Skills to children in a positive and safe learning environment. It is My Place To Be's mission to help children realize their full potential and grow into healthy caring adults.
Goals of the Program
- To help children get in touch with and identify their feelings accurately.
- To make a connection between feelings and behavior.
- Teach social awareness.
- Giving children the tools to have positive relationships.
- Look for effective strategies that reward positive outcomes.
- To build self-control, self-confidence, self-esteem, self-respect, and self-motivation.
Why Social Emotional Learning?
The rise in school violence and bullying is scary for us all. My Place To Be understands the answer doesn't lie in equipping schools with metal detectors, but helping students develop the skills to manage their emotions, resolve conflict nonviolently, and make responsible decisions. Research shows that teaching emotional intelligence and character development will lead to:
- Reduced violence and aggression
- Higher academic achievement and test scores
- Improved ability to function in schools and in the workplace.
We all want our children to grow up with the self-confidence, self-esteem and self-control required to excel in school and in life with a strong social emotional intelligence our children can make a difference. Our programs have been very successful with children on the Autism Spectrum, ADHD, mood disorders, and other special abilities creating positive outcomes.